I’m not thinking of dropping dead any time soon. There are things I need to do first. So, like those old guys in the coincidently titled “The Bucket List”, I’ve made a list of all the things I want to do before I kick the bucket.
Have you ever done any of these things? If they were a bit boring let me know and I’ll cross them off.
1. See inside my brain.
2. Vomit sake into a Tokyo gutter.
3. Fire a gun without killing someone (for once).
4. Win the Turner Prize for Art with my work Frozen Prawn in a Bucket.
5. Win a Dog Show with a cunningly disguised hamster.
6. Drive a tractor into the Sphinx.
7. Eat a jam and spam flan on a trip to Milan.
8. Send back a meal cooked by Gordon Ramsey.
9. Be undressed by kings and see some things that a woman ain’t supposed to see.
10. Endure a bitter and acrimonious divorce from George Clooney.
11. Roll a joint in less than three hours.
12. Ride a Segway around the CERN particle accelerator while it’s on.
13. Crawl through air ducts while being chased by robots.
14. Win an Oscar for my screen adaptation of the Yellow Pages.
15. Accidentally delete YouTube.
16. Run over a pop tart with a traction engine.
17. Give a three-hour lecture to an audience of people I hate, entitled “My Favourite Spoon”.
18. Think up a funny Lolcat caption.
19. Liberate Greenland.
20. Enter rehab for an addiction to tree sap.
21. Star in a medieval-themed adult movie called Robbin Hood of Sherfuck Forest.
22. Use the ‘c’ word in a company presentation.
23. Invent a new kind of cheese.
24. Take pot shots at kite boarders with a potato gun.
25. Ban the word “soccer”. It’s football.
26. Tickle a panda.
27. Steal a cloud.
28. Open a peanut-themed restaurant and call it The Nut Sack.
29. Un-see Two Girls, One Cup.
30. Tour Namibia on a space hopper.
There’s no knowing when that ragged mob will catch up with me and burn me at the stake, so I’m pumping up my space hopper and heading off before it’s too late.
What’s on your bucket list?